Help is Everywhere

(Previously posted on Facebook on 2.8.2022)

"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

"If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

"If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

"Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me." Psalm 139: 7-10

----

I believe while the Internet on our various devices helps us connect, the irony is it can also disconnect us. I mean who needs to ask another for help when you can look it up on your mobile phone?

While I was at Southend-on-Sea, I stopped off at this restaurant for lunch. I wondered if there was a local library where I could charge my phone and fan.

I asked a customer if he was local as I was looking for a library. He said he wasn't from the area. He suggested that I could either check the street signs or look it up on Google Map. I told him I prefer people map as in asking people.

The main reason why I like people map is because it's a perfect opportunity to experience Immanuel or "God with us" expressing through people. (Matthew 1: 23).

When I came out of the restaurant, I saw this man walking by with his kids. I asked if there was a local  library close by. He pointed the way, which was only about 5 minutes walk away. 

I must have taken the wrong turning as I couldn't find the library. When I noticed three teenagers walking towards me, I asked them where the library was. One pointed to a building down the road.

"Thank you!" I said.

""You're very welcome!" he said.

Thank you, God!

Later on the train back to London, I was feeling really sleepy. I wish I could sleep, but my stop was fast approaching.

When I got off the train as I was walking up the stairs with other commuters, my legs gave way and I fell flat on my face just like timber. 😀 I was instantly surrounded by passengers asking me if I was okay. I asked for help to get up. One passenger helped me up, another checked to see if my cheek was bleeding (it wasn't) and the third helped me as I limped up the stairs. He told me to take my time.

I then had to limp down another set of stairs to catch my next train.  I sat in the waiting room and thanked Jesus for His Grace.

Five minutes later when the train arrived, I was no longer limping. I told myself I was the film character, Jason Bourne, who goes through lots of battles, but he still keeps going.

When I got off the train, I saw my bus was approaching the bus stop and I ran for it.  When I got off that bus, my next bus was right in front and I ran and caught it.

I'm definitely Jason Bourne! 😀

If you were to ask me what all the people who helped me looked like, I couldn't tell you. All I know is through all of them, Immanuel was right there taking care of me.

Thank you, God! ❤️ 

Photo of Jason Bourne courtesy of Google Images



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit