Pruning - Revisited

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit." John 15: 1-2

----

Before my flatmate went away on holidays, she asked me to not only look after her cat, but to water her plants both inside and out.

The first thing I noticed was the Orchid flowers were dropping off.  By the time my flatmate returned, two weeks later, one Orchid plant had lost all of its flowers and the other Orchid plant had lost half. 

My flatmate showed me the leaves were still looking very healthy. She said both plants simply needed pruning of the parts that are now dead. She assured me the flowers will grow back.

I told her it's rather like how God prunes His children of people, things and circumstances that are no longer right for them. Sometimes, they don't want to let go because they are afraid. What they don't realise is that it's all part of their growth.

For exanple, God may need you to let go of people and even jobs. If you don't let go, they will let go of you or you will find yourself losing your job.

The greatest pruning I've ever experienced was the death of my mum. A few weeks before she died, I heard the voice within telling me "You have to let go of your mum." At the time I was thinking I had to let go of how I think she should be healed.  One night while I was in bed and mum was still in hospital, I heard her voice  telling me she wanted to leave. She died three days later.

After mum passed, at first I was devastated. I finally realised it was an opportunity for me to grow and trust in God as my Father. I'm sure mum is in heaven and growing in the Lord. I know we will meet again in heaven.

I look forward to seeing the new Orchid flowers. ❤️

Photos of the pruned Orchids.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels