God is in Control

"Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In Your hand is power and might; In Your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all." 1 Chronicles 29: 11-12

----

Sometimes, we think we are making decisions based on our freewill, but are we really?

A few weeks ago, I asked a friend if he would help me move my stuff when the time came. He said he would think about it as he wasn't too keen on driving from south London to north London where I lived. He knew I would stay in north London and even offered to pay towards the removal. I told him I understood if he couldn't make it.

When I didn't hear from my friend for a while, I decided I would just hire a van when I was ready to move.

A few minutes after I found my new place place, I received a call from my friend to let me know he hadn't forgotten I was moving in a week's time. He asked me if I'd found a suitable place. I told him I had just found one. He told me he had felt it and promised he would help me move, which he did on the day.

On my way to church yesterday, I fell asleep on the bus. I then received a phone call from the same friend, which woke me up from my sleep. I realised the bus was approaching the last stop where I needed to get off. I thanked my friend for waking me up at the right moment.

On each occasion, did my friend call me at the right moment or did God inspire him to call me at the right moment?

All I know is God is in control. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels