One Body of Believers in Christ

"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all." Ephesians 4: 4-6

"where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all." Colossians 3: 11

"I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints," The Apostles' Creed

----

All members of the catholic or universal Church believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who was born of the virgin Mary, was crucified, died, waa buried and was raised from the dead and ascended into Heaven. They also believe Jesus was born to be the sacrificial "Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world." (John 1: 29)

The Church has Three main denominations: Catholic (Roman Catholic and other Catholic), Orthodox (Eastern and Oriental) and Protestants (which include Baptists, Anglicans, Methodists, etc).

My new flatmate and I are both members of the "catholic Church", but she follows the Russian Orthodox branch and I  follow the Protestant branch. Yet we live in perfect harmony and acceptance of each other.

In fact, her previous flatmates were a Ukrainian woman and her son and they were perfectly happy together until they returned to Ukraine.

Last night, I watched a live Russian Orthodox Easter service with my flatmate. President Putin was even present at the service.  My flatmate  translated what was going on for me.

Last week when I attended the Easter service at the Methodist church, I noticed the joy on people's faces as they rejoiced over Jesus's resurrection.  I saw that same joy on people's faces in that Russian church as they rejoiced that Christ' has risen.

As I watched the service, I felt that oneness with the Body of believers in Christ.  I was so grateful for my flatmate for sharing the service with me.

I give thanks to Jesus Christ, who is all and in all. (Colossians 3: 11)

Happy Easter to all Orthodox Christians celebrating today! ❤️

Photos of my flatmate's Easter eggs (which she coloured) and an Italian Easter cake.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit