Spiritual Veil

"You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word." Psalm 119: 114

----

Yesterday, while I was in the library, I noticed this woman who I know, but I didn't want her to see me as I didn't want to have a conversation with her.

I asked God  to hide me so she couldn't see me. I then adjusted my chair so I wasn't looking directly at her. I focused on what I was doing. After a few minutes, I looked up and she was no longer there.

Many years ago, I used to go to another library. There was this woman who used to make a beeline for me and wanted to chat all the time. I could tell she had a mental illness. Sometimes, I would just sit there and listen and feel really energetically drained.

The next time I was going to the library, I was worried about seeing that same woman. I asked God to hide me from her so she can't see me.

When I walked through the door, the first person I literally bumped into was the woman I was trying to avoid. She looked right in my face, but didn't recognise me. After that, our paths never crossed again.

Back to the woman at the library yesterday, I am grateful to her for reminding me that I can ask God to put a veil around me when I don't want to be seen.

Thank you, God, for your spiritual veil! ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels