Weddings, Godparents and God's Word

 "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.” Isaiah 40: 8

"All flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, and its flower falls away, But the word of the Lord endures forever.” 1 Peter 1: 25

----

Isn't it amazing how you can participate in someone's very important life event and yet it means nothing to you?

I once met one of my mum's friends who reminded me I was one of her bridesmaids at her wedding. I told her I didn't remember her or her wedding.

Actually, I vaguely remember two weddings where I was a bridesmaid. That's only because I had seen photos of my younger self in bridesmaid dresses, which I no longer have access to, unfortunately. I have no recollection of who the couples were, where the wedding took place, or the celebrations after. I presume the brides were my mum's friends and I looked adorable in my bridesmaid dresses.😊

Mum told me I was baptised at this Church of England church, which meant I must  have had at least two Godparents. I don't remember any of them.  I presume if they were my mum's contemporaries, they've either all passed away or don't remember the happy occasion either. 😊

Marriages end by divorce or death. Godparents pass away. But God's Word remains forever.❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit