What a Wonderful Surprise!

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” 1 Corinthians 2: 9

----

When I woke up, I heard a voice within saying "I have a wonderful surprise for you!"

Thank you, Lord, I look forward to it, I thought.

It was the day of the teachers' strike and schools were closed. I didn't feel like going out. I decided to stay home and just relax.

Later in the afternoon, I received a text from an old school friend who I haven't heard from in a while. 

Just recently, I was looking through sone old photos of us taken many years ago. I also showed my new flatmate some photos I  had taken years ago with the same friend to celebrate our 50th birthday.

In her text, my friend asked me what I was doing. I told her I had a day off and was home. I also told her I had recently moved to a new area.

She texted me back to let me know she was actually visiting someone in my local area. I invited her to come round after her visit.

In the evening, she and her mum came round for a brief visit.

It was wonderful to see my friend again. We were all amazed how God had brought us together so perfectly.

She asked me if there was a purpose to our meeting. I told her although she had been in my thoughts, I believe just like parents love to surprise their kids, God also loves to surprise His children. I believed arranging this impromptu meeting was just God showing His love for both of us.

Thank you, God, for your wonderful surprise. I look forward to many more of your wonderful surprises and blessings. ❤️

Photo of me and my friend taken years ago to celebrate our 50th birthday 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit