Blessed to Be a Blessing

"Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." Galatians 3: 13-14

----

Last week while I was at a costume fitting, I chatted to a fellow supporting artist (SA) who I recognised from some previous shoot(s) that I can't even remember now. 😀 When he told me where he lived, I said I had been working at a school in that area and I didn't live that far. I asked him if he could give me a lift to the next fitting, which was out of London. We didn't finish the conversation as he got called in to de-rig (take costume off). After I got de-rig, I got on the minibus to the local train station.

When I received confirmation for the fitting out of London, I decided as I've never been to that area before, I would get there early and explore the local town including the local museum, which has stuffed animals, and the woodland trust park.  

Later in the evening, production sent a minibus to pick us up at the train station.  When I arrived for the fitting, I saw the same SA from the day before and said hello to him. We didn't have a chance to chat as we were called in to have our fittings done. 

Yesterday while I was on set, I saw the same SA and said hello to him. We had a chat on and off.  After we wrapped and got changed, the AD told me if I wanted to grab some food, I should do so and he will arrange transport for me to be dropped off at the local station.

While I was getting some food to take away,  I saw the same SA who told me to get as much food as I wanted. There was another SA with him. She told me the SA was giving him a lift as she lives in his area. I told him I live in north London too and asked if he could give me a lift. He warned me he will only drop me off near the tube station in his area. I told him that will be fine. I could catch a bus from there.

While we were in the car, the SA told me the last time I had asked him for a lift,  he was happy to give me a lift to the casting out of London. When he didn't see me again, he contacted our agency and told them he wanted to give me a lift, but he didn't know my name. He believed I lived around his area.  The agent told him there was an SA living in his area and he called her. Although it wasn't her, he ended up giving her a lift anyway and to this shoot. He told her it was because of me that she is in his car now.8

I was so touched that he had taken the time out to phone the agency to get my number so he could give me a lift. I told him things had worked out perfectly as I had used the opportunity to explore the local town.

It's wonderful how I ended up seeing him after the shoot and he did give me the lift.

I couldn't even give him any money toward petrol as I had no cash on me, but he was fine about it. He told me he's always happy to give lifts as long as the passenger understands that he doesn't do door to door service.

I believe that was God's Blessing pouring through that SA to me.

Speaking of blessings, when I arrived home yesterday, my flatmate had lots of end of year thank you gifts that she had received from her pupils and their parents.  She shared some gifts with me: flowers, chocolate biscuits, chocolates and a scented candle. (See photos)

Thank you, God, for blessing us so we can be a blessing to others. ❤️





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels