My Trip to Tring

I had to catch a train to Tring for a hair and makeup fitting. As I haven't been to that town before, I decided to get there early so I could explore the town centre before my fitting.

I had travelled there with my London mentality, expecting the train station to be in the middlr of the town centre. Turns out it was a 30 minutes walk to the town centre. I didn't even see any buses, which were few and far between.

After walking to the town centre, I headed to the local library. A library user recommended a local museum, which has stuffed animals and a local park  that I could explore. One librarian showed me how to get to the park.

The park was beautiful. One sure sign I was in the countryside was I saw bunny rabbits, which you never see in London. I also scrambled up one hill to get a good view of the park. I would love to explore this park again when I have more time.

On the way back, I went to the museum and made friends with this woman and her 4 year old granddaughter. The woman used to live around where I currently live and was  a school teacher.  When i told her I was going for a hair and makeup fitting, she told me her daughter (the little girl's mum) is a makeup artist and works on sets. The little girl asked me if I was a boy or girl because of my cropped hair. I told her I was a girl with short hair. 😀

As I still had nore time too kill, I returned to the library. One librarian asked if I fancied playing with two secondary school pupils who volunteer at the library. I played "Connect 4" and "Othello"  with them and got trounced (It was my first time playing Othello). I then had a chat with the boy and girl who were in years 9 and 10 respectively. Both attend grammar schools and were very bright kids.

Finally, I walked back to the s































tation where I was picked up by a minibus and driven to set for  my fitting.

All in all, it was a wonderful day!

I give thanks to God for His blessings. ❤️

Here are some photos of the town centre, the town, The Natural History Museum (with real stuffed animals) and Tring Park.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit