Seeing with Faith

(Previously posted on Facebook on 15.7.2021)

"Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matthew 3: 2

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."  1 Corinthians 2: 14

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen....Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." Hebrews 11: 1, 3

------

A friend took me to the "Alice: Curiouser and Curiouser" exhibition at the V&A Museum, which was wonderful.

One of my favourite parts of the exhibition was entering the virtual reality (VR) world of Wonderland. When I put the VR goggles on, I was shown a book whidh I opened up with my virtual hand. Then I was able to explore a bit of Wonderland.

Attached is a video clip that my friend made of me while I was wearing the VR goggles. While I look like a mad woman playing with thin air, in reality, I am actually  grabbing a bottle and drinking from it, which made me tiny, like it did Alice in the story. 😊

The virtual reality of Wonderland reminds me of the "kingdom of heaven" which Jesus tells us is right here and now, though it appears to be invisible to my human senses. In order to experience this kingdom, I have to change the way I see things.

How do I do this?

By seeing with faith.

Just as the virtual reality goggles enables me to see and interact with the invisible world of Wonderland, faith is the goggles that enables me to see and experience the invisible kingdom of heaven, here and now.

I see with faith. ❤

A link to the exhibition 

https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/alice-curiouser-and-curiouser



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels