No Missed Opportunities

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8: 38-39

----

The other day, I was having a nice chat with a work colleague at this art shop. When it was time for my shift to finish, I didn't see her and I was sorry I didn't get to say goodbye.

The next day, I had a shift at this art venue. When I  came in, it took me ages to find who I was supposed to report to. While I was speaking to someone, I heard someone calling my name. It was my colleague from the previous day's shift. She said she was sorry we missed each other.  She told me she was on her lunch break and she decided to find a nice quiet spot to relax.  If she hadn't found this spot (that she has never been to before), we wouldn't have seen each other.

Today at church, I saw a friend, but I couldn't speak to her as I was assisting at Sunday School. I was hoping to see her later and we could travel on the bus together. By the time Sunday School was finished, my friend had already left. I texted her to tell her I was sorry I missed her. She told me she was sorry she couldn't stay, but we should arrange to meet up for lunch soon.

After I spent a few minutes chatting to some church members, I decided to sneak off. When  I got on the bus, my friend and I exchanged texts. I told her my bus was stuck in this huge traffic jam. She said there was some issue on her bus and the driver had called the police. She said she got off the bus to do some shopping at this supermarket. She was going to wait for her bus at this particular bus stop.

When the bus I was on arrived at the stop, I saw my friend. I texted her to let her know I was sitting upstairs. We sat together and had a brief chat before I had to get off.

In Christ, there are no missed opportunities.  God always makes a way for loved ones to reconnect when they appear to "miss" each other. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit