Spirit is the Boss

"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46: 20

"The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Mark 14: 38

"For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit." Romans 8: 5

----

I got on the bus around 9.15am.

During the journey, I started feeling stomach ache signifying I needed to do number two.  As it was too late to return home, I  started fantasising about places I could go to do my business 

I could stop off at the shopping mall. A cursory Google search told me the mall wasn't open till 11am, as it was Sunday.

Maybe, I could go to my friend who lives close by and ask to use.his toilet. Knowing him, he's bound to be at his girlfriend's.

How about stopping off at this fast food restaurant? They will be open. 

When I got off the bus to catch my next bus,  I noticedI the restaurant was right opposite the bus stop. Why not go in and use their toilet?

I then thought, no, I will not  listen to you, flesh. My spirit, which is joined with the Lord, is in control here.   

While I was waiting for my next bus  I ignored my stomach's protestations. I kept reminding myself that my spirit is the one giving life to my flesh, not the other way round. You can wait till I get to church.

By the time I got on my next bus, my stomach was settling. During the journey, I listened to a programme on my GodTV app. I was so focused on it  I lost all sense of my body.

I arrived at church just after 11am. I had no desire to use the toilet. After the church service finished around 12.45. I sat with a group of friends and had a chat for about half an hour. I could sense my friend was about to leave.  I told her I was going to the ladies' toilet and will be back in 5 minutes.

Only then was I ready to hand the reins over to my flesh to do her business, which took less than a minute. I then joined my friend and we travelled on the bus together.

Thank you, Spirit, for showing my flesh that You are the Boss. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit