Trust in God, Not Your Qualifications

(Previously posted on Facebook on 15.7.2022)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall [a]direct your paths." Proverbs 3: 5-6

----

Today, my colleagues and I took some of our learners out for recreation.

While we were waiting at this bus stop for our bus, I chatted to the learner who was assigned to me. He uses Makaton and a device to communicate and I respond verbally, which he can understand. 

I noticed this woman at the bus stop smiling at us. She told me I was very good with him. She said she had a 13 year old autistic boy and she has been looking for a carer for him. When our bus arrived, my learner and I sat at the back and we continued our conversation.

This man sitting  near us was also watching us. He told me he was very impressed with the way I was interacting with the learner. He said not many people could do that kind of job. He also said he was a trained nurse and could see how compassionate I was. He asked me how long I had been doing that job.

"Just over a month," I said.

"That's amazing!" he said. "You look like you've had years of experience."

"No, I've never worked with learners with autism before and I'm not fully trained."

"You are a natural," he said.

"I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time," I said, "but God knows and He gets all the credit."

"You are very blessed and you are a blessing."

In between chatting to the man about his job in healthcare, I kept assuring my learner that we will soon arrive at our destination.

Later as we were getting off the bus, I saw the woman with the autistic boy also getting off and I wished her well.  I'm sure she'll find a carer that's right for her and her son.

Having qualifications is all well and good. (I have a degree and several vocational diplomas). If I were to only rely on my qualifications, knowledge and experience, I would be very limited indeed.

I would rather trust in God,  who knows everything and how to do everything. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels