Arsenal v Liverpool

"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16: 11

----


On the tube this morning, I noticed this man and woman sitting opposite me. The man was wearing an Arsenal football club top. I was aware Arsenal and Liverpool (the football team I support), played yesterday and the match ended with a 1-1 draw. I was going to say something but he was busy on his laptop. 

When he finally put his laptop away and looked like he was about to get off, it was time to make my move.

I leaned over and said, Excuse me?"

"Yes," he said.

I pointed to the Arsenal logo on his top and said, "You got lucky yesterday!  I'm a Liverpool supporter. That's all I have to say about that."

His girlfriend burst out laughing.

"We did get lucky," he said. "You should have finished the job then."

Before they got off, the Arsenal fan wished my team luck and I wished him the same.

I am glad I was able to.put a smile on their face.

Thank you God, for your many ways of inspiring me to connect with "strangers.' ❤️

Photo courtesy of Liverpool Football Club Facebook page



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit