The Word is Literally True

"I hate the double-minded, but I love Your law." Psalm 119: 113

----

Just before I got on the bus 141, I noticed it had 102 on the side of the bus. That got me confused. 

"Is this bus 141?" I asked the bus driver.

He nodded.

"But it says 102 on the side."

The driver shrugged his shoulders which I interpreted as "Don't know, don't care." 

I got on the bus and tapped my card.

During the journey, I thought literalists like myself, i.e. people who take things literally, must find this world a very confusing place.  

Later on the way back, after I got off the first bus, I noticed the live timetable said the bus I was waiting for was the second on the list, but it was due in 15 minutes. I thought, I don't believe I have to wait that long. 

My bus was the second to arrive, but it arrived in 1 minute. It arrived so fast that if I hadn't beckoned for the driver to stop, he would have driven right past me, as I was alone at the bus stop. Before I got on, I noticed the destination was wrong. I didn't bother to ask the driver about it, I just got on.

I believe it's good to be a literalist.  However, instead of trusting in the world's ways, I trust in God's Word which is literally true and never changes. (Malachi 3: 6)

I trust in Jesus, who is the Word made flesh (John 1: 14). Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. (John 14: 6). ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels