Perspectives

I believe our various bodies give us different perspectives of the world.

Recently, while I was working at this art gallery I noticed one male guest was extremely tall. I asked him how tall he was and he said 6 ft  6 inches. I also noticed his girlfriend was shorter than me. ( I am 5ft 5.5 inches).

"I hear some tall men like short women," I said. "Is that what attracted you to her?"

"Actually it's because my girlfriend likes tall men," he said, which made me laugh.

Sometimes, I ask really tall men I see if it's windy.up there. 😊

One thing I've often wondered about is what it's like to have 20-20 vision. Do people with 20-20 vision have clear and perfect vision in both eyes?

I have won glasses since I was a kid. There was one time when my vision was so poor I thought I was going blind. It was a very scary time for me. One day, my vision cleared and it returned to normal, at least what is normal for me.

When I have an eye test at the optician, I can never read the top line with my right eye because all I can see is jumbled up letters. My left eye can usually read the letters and goes very far until I reach a point when the letters are too small. The glasses I've been prescribed are for reading only. Everything gets blurry when I use them for distance.  The moment I take my glasses off, my sight clears up.

I believe my eyesight represents big picture versus details. My right eye sees the big picture and my left eye sees the details.

While my body and senses give me a limited perspective of the world, I believe my spiritual identity in Christ sees everything and knows everything. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit