Calling Forth Calmness

"As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were." Romans 4: 16-17

----

I believe God creates by calling forth that which doesn't exist into existence.  He calls light in darkness. He calls forth health where there is sickness. He calls forth life, where there is death.

I believe all sons and daughters of God, who have been made in the image and likeness of God, are meant to create in the sane way.

This morning, while my flatmate's cat', Zeus, was having a snuggle on my bed, I chatted to him out loud.

I told him how much I loved him and what a good boy he was. I told him he was loved and safe and there was no need to be frightened when the postman drops a letter or if someone he doesn't know pops round. I told him he was a very calm cat.

Later, my flatmate took him to the vet to have some medication.

When they returned,  I asked her how the appointment went. She said although Zeus didn't like being there or having the injection, he was very calm. She said she's never seen him this calm at the vet. She asked if I had been praying for him. It was then I told her what I had been saying to Zeus earlier. She said her cat must listen to me.

What I was actually doing with Zeus was calling "things which be not as though they were." In other words, I was calling forth, in faith, that he was already calm. When he was put in a situation that makes him nervous, he felt calm instead.

Zeus is a very calm and loving cat in Jesus' name. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels