^fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews `12: 2
"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost." Isaiah 55: 1 "Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life." Revelation 22: 17 ---- Yesterday was really hot. Apparently, the maximum temperature was 30c. As I don't like hot weather, I decided to hibernate indoors. I did pop out briefly to take my washing out and bring them in once they were dry. By mid-afternoon, I started feeling cold and was shivering so I put a jumper on. I thought that maybe it was because I only had a little top and shorts on. I even started coughing and sneezing. While I was feeling those symptoms, I was lying in bed underneath my duvet and listening to the Book of Revelation on Audio Bible on my laptop. At the last chapter of Revelation [22], the words "free gift of the water of life" got my attention. I meditated...
(Previously posted on Facebook on 4.6.2022) “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 1 Peter 5: 5 ---- I have a friend I haven't seen since before lockdown, though we have kept in contact my phone. We arranged to finally meet up in person. Two days before we were meant to meet up, I texted her to ask what time she fancied meeting up and what arrangements she Had made. During our text exchange, there was a bit of misunderstanding on both our part and she accused me of being angry. I assured her I was fine and still wanted to meet up but I felt she wasn't convinced. Early the next morning, I spoke to the Lord about the issue with my friend. I said I didn't know why my friend seemed angry at me and asked Him to resolve the issue. I also asked him to bless my friend and our friendship. God told me to apologise to my friend. So I texted my friend and apologised and said I was still open to meet up later that day. When we met up a few hours later, we exchanged wa...
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46: 1 ---- When a few of us noticed a work colleague was looking distressed, we asked her what was wrong. She told us she couldn't find her iPhone. She said she remembered bringing it with her to the floor we were on. She said she must have left it somewhere. I suggested I could call her phone to see if we could hear it ring, but she didn't respond to that idea. I guess, like me, she had her phone switched off at work. I told her I would help her look for it. When I noticed a security guard walking by, I told him my colleague had misplaced her phone. He suggested that she goes down to reception as someone might have handed it in. I then relayed the message to my colleague, but she was too upset to take it in. She kept saying that she wouldn't be able to get home without her phone. I knew in that state of mind, she would not be able to find her phone. I know from experience that only when the...
Comments
Post a Comment