Pancake Da'y

 "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

----
As usual, on my way to this new school I had never been to before, I thanked God for working in me, through me and around me. I was going to be working with a Reception class where the kids are aged four years old.
The teacher I was assisting was very welcoming and the kids seemed pleasant enough. I was very happy helping a few kids working on their letters and phonics.
Later, I noticed two eggs in a bowl and wondered why they were there. The teacher then announced to the kids that it was Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day and we were going to be making pancakes. As I'm not into pancakes, it's not something I've ever made from scratch. The very few times I've had pancakes, I've bought the ready-made ones that you just heat up. Hopefully, I'll be able to get out of that one.
Later in the day, the teacher asked me to borrow some cooking utensils from another class. She asked me if I was any good at making pancakes. I said no, I don't like cooking (though I'm a reasonable good cook). She said she doesn't cook either.
Oh Lord, I'm really going to need your help here!
Long story short, we all worked as a team. The kids and the teacher prepared the pancake mixture and I had to fry the pancakes. A colleague from another class, who was also in the kitchen frying pancakes, gave me moral support. She was so proficient at making pancakes she even flipped them, which the kids loved. I didn't dare to follow her example. One step at a time.😀
In the end, I made 10 pancakes, which the kids had with sliced bananas. The teacher said the kids liked them.
As grateful as I was for God's help, next time I shall ask my agency if there is any cooking involved. If there is, I'm going to pass, thank you very much! 😀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels