Wake Up, John 11: 11

 "Bless the Lord, you His angels, who excel in strength, who do His word, heeding the voice of His word." Psalm 103: 20

“Awake, you who sleep, arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light.” Ephesians 5: 14
----
Many years ago when I was into the New Age, there was this obsession about seeing 11:11, which I noticed quite a lot. The belief among "light workers" was that whenever you see these numbers, it's a reminder from the angels to wake you up from your spiritual "sleep."
As a believer in and follower of Christ, I know real angels of God do not operate that way, they act only on God's Word. (Psalm 103: 20)
So where did the belief in 11:11 as a sign to wake up come from?
Well, in the Bible (Gospel of John chapter 11), Jesus is sent a message that his dear friend, Lazarus, is sick. Jesus waits several days before he decides to visit Lazarus (who by then was now dead and buried). This is what Jesus says to his disciples:
"Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up.” John 11: 11
The disciples misunderstand Jesus and say if Lazarus is naturally sleeping, he will get better. Jesus tells them that Lazarus is dead.
I believe what Jesus was talking about in John 11: 11 was spiritual slumber.
Even though Lazarus had been dead for four days, Jesus resurrects him from the dead.
Back to the 11:11 sign. It is possible that the New Age belief in 11:11 stems from John 11: 11 verse in the Bible.
Now when I see those numbers, I see them as God's angels, acting on the Word (Ephesians 5: 14), reminding me to stay spiritually "awake" if I am "dozing" off to "sleep"
Thank you, Lord Jesus, for keeping me awake in Your Light! ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels