Samples

I was hanging out with a friend who is a music producer. It's always fun chatting to him as he knows a lot about music and what goes on in the music industry. 

When he listens to a song, he can spot every single instrument and nuance, which I find fascinating. Because of him, I now listen closely to how songs are produced. 

I also like the way he thinks.

Yesterday he told me he recently discovered the song "Love's Gonna Get You" (sung by Jocelyn Brown) had parts that had been sampled by other artists that became major hits. He got me to listen to it to see if I could spot them. I did.

There was "I've Got the Power" which became a worldwide smash hit for the band, Snap.

I also recognised the part sampled in the song "I'm Gonna Get You" released by Bizarre Inc.

Other artists have sampled that same song too.

It's fascinating stuff! 😊❤️

Here's the link to the Jocelyn Brown song. See if you can spot the samples.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels