Theatre Call

"He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him." Psalm 91: 15

----

I was booked for a double shift at the theatre.

During our first work briefing, the manager told me I would be working in the cloakroom with two fellow agency staff. I noticed there was a concert in the next shift called "Mahler's Resurrection" with the London Philharmonic Orchestra, which piqued my interest.  I wished my next shift could be inside the theatre so I could watch the concert. I thought I would probably be allocated a shift in the cloakroom again.

The first cloakroom shift was very quiet. At the end of that shift, my manager told us that two of us were going to remain in the cloakroom for the next shift. I was told I would be working on the top floor showing guests to their box seats. After the guests have gone into the theatre, I will be sitting inside. This meant my prayer was answered.

Before my next shft in the theatte started, I had a short break. On the way to my position, I went via the  back stairs to the top floor. I presumed I would be able to get to the theatre from there, but the door was locked and I didn't know the password. I retraced my steps to the door I had used to enter that floor, but it was locked and I didn't have a pass to get out.  I noticed another door, but it was firmly closed.

This meant I was now stuck in that part of the building. I banged on the door, but no one could hear me.  How am I going to get out?

I decided to call the theatre's switchboard and ask them  to send someone to let me out, but the phone line was now closed.

It was at that moment I started to panic. What if I am stuck here for days and can't get out?

Help me, God! Please get me out of here now!

I was inspired to walk back to the other exit.  This time, I saw someone near the doors. I waved at her and told her I was stuck. She said she would get someone to help.

A few minutes later,  a member of staff turned up. He said he didn't have a key but he would go round and let me out through the back door. I then walked to the back door. While I was waiting, another member of staff came through the front  door and asked me to accompany her.

I was so grateful to be out of that door. I noticed the "prison" door was almost opposite where I was meant to be working.    

Thank you, God, for getting me out and giving me the opportunity to watch that concert which I thoroughly enjoyed. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit