A Bit of a Stretch

 "Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes. Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!" Mark 9: 23-24

"For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar." Romans 3: 3-4

----

I've been thinking of putting some elastic around the waist of these particular trousers.

I asked a friend if she knew where I could get some and she suggested a haberdashery, but I don't know any close to where I live.

On the way home, I popped into the local chemist and asked if they sold elastic bands. The assistant pointed to elastic hairbands. I told him I wanted it to for my trousers. He said they didn't stock those.

I was inspired to try the ironmongers next door, but I thought nah, expecting them to sell elastic is a bit of a stretch. 😀

Today, I was in the area again and I was inspired to go into the ironmongers and asked if they sold elastic. I was amazed to discover that they not only sold it, they have a sewing area. Apparently, they stock all sorts of stuff. I once bought an electric blanket from them, which I never expected them to have.

God, who knows all things, knew they sold the elastic I was looking for.

Thank you, God, for stretching me to go beyond reason and to believe in You where all things are possible.  ❤️

Photo of the elastic.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels