Spirit Don't Crack

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord. The fruit of the womb is a reward." Psalm 127: 3

"Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5: 15-17

----

At the staff room, several teaching staff were discussing how they felt to be their age. One in her thirties talked about missing being younger. One in her forties said she now felt different compared to when she was in her thirties.

I told them I can't remember what it was like being in my thirties. One of them asked me how old I was and I said I was in my fifties.

She stared at me and said, "Black don't crack!"

I thought it was funny coming from a white colleague and we both laughed. She said I was lucky to look so young.

Jokes aside, I know it's become a cliché that black people don't age, but I don't accept that looking young has anything to do with my skin colour or gene. My real heritage is God who is unchanging Spirit and He is the Father of spirits. (Hebrews 12: 9) .

I am spirit.

Spirit don't crack! 💛

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit