Happy Tourists

"You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16: 11

----


Usually, when I get on the bus and if it's a long journey, I like sitting upstairs right in front. If it's the New Routemaster bus (see photo), I like to sit upstairs either right in front or right at the back.

When I got on the New Routemaster bus, I saw someone was already sitting at the back, but the seats in front were vacant so I sat on the window seat on the left. A man got on and sat on the opposite window seat on the right.

I then heard some people getting up the stairs and sat behind me. They were chatting in a European language. That's all I need, people chatting behind me!

A woman came and sat next to me. She smiled and said hello.

"Hello!" I said. "You look happy!"

"I'm a tourist" she smiled.

"Ha, no wonder!" I chuckled.

It was then I realised she was part of the group sitting behind me. I turned round and saw her two teenage daughters and husband.

"You can have my seat so you can enjoy the view."

The man and woman thanked me profusely.

The passenger in front on the right also asked if the woman wanted his seat, but she said no.

The two teenagers sat in front, their parents sat behind them and I sat two seats behind them.

The joy of the tourists reminded me of when you are in God's Joyful Presence.  I believe it was His Joy that inspired me to give up my seat so the kids could enjoy my beloved London, and even inspired the other passenger to give up his seat.

There's a lot of enjoyment to be had in Joy. ❤️

Photo of the New Routemaster bus from Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Routemaster


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels