Year Six - The Prodigal Son

 I did my first Year 6 today.  The age group in this class is from 10 to 11, before they go off to secondary school.

The teaxher told me they don't usually have teaching assistants in that class, but they have some kids in the class who don't speak much English, so I was asked to support them.

In the maths class, they were taught conversion from miles to kilometres. I was thinking, who needs to learn conversion when you have Google? The supply teacher I was working with was very old school, a real kindred spirit. She cared more about the solution than the actual method used to arrive at the solution, but the kids expected her to do things the modern way. 😀

My favourite part of the day was Religious Education where the kids were taught about forgiveness as represented in Jesus' Parable of the Prodigal Son. 

The teacher got the kids to role play the story. I was asked to work with three groups. In each group, I was given a cameo role. 😀

I am really enjoying working at this Christian school. ❤️

Ps: Incidentally, I recently started a new blog called "The Prodigal Daughter Returns" based on my experiences.  It's still very much a work in progress. Here's the link.

https://prodigalenociareturns.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels