All Closed Doors are Now Open

"Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts." Zechariah 4: 6

"Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Luke 22: 3

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:" Ephesians 1: 3

"Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience." Hebrews 4: 11

----

So I went to this museum to use their reading room. I was also hoping to see a friend who works there in security, as I haven't seen her in a while.

As soon as I entered tjhe building, I noticed my friend standing next to the disabled lift. People who have kids in buggies also use that lift. 

After my friend and I exchanged hugs, she told me the lift door wasn't working properly and she couldn't open the door. Immediately,  I thought, "God, please fix the lift. Thank you!"

I knew the lift was already working perfectly.

In the meantime, my friend was still trying to open the door. She gave up and said she was going to report the "fault".  When she left, another member of staff kept pulling the door, but it wouldn't budge. I told her that sometimes you have to not force things to happen. Things end up working out for the best.

"I know what you mean," she said. "Sonetimes, the harder you work at something, the more difficult things get."

"Exactly!"

She left the lift door alone and went back to work.

I then went to  chat to my friend. An engineer soon arrived to check the lift. He went up and down several times and the lift door was now working. The other staff, who I had spoken to earlier, also noticed the difference. She jokingly said I must have done something to the lift. I didn't tell her I just prayed for the lift as it's not the kind of place where people are open to that kind of stuff.

Later on while I was in the museum's reading room, I thought about the lift and how it relates to our relationship with God.

The First Covenant that God had with man was very much works based. You are blessed by your works. In other words, you receive what you deserve.

In the New Covenant that believers now have with God through Jesus Christ, our good comes through faith in Jesus Christ and His completed work on the cross for all humanity. We no longer have to deserve or earn our good, we simply need to receive God's blessings in Christ.

Back to the lift, I believe trying tto force the lift door open represents receiving your blessing by your works. While you are busy working to earn your blessing, Grace that is already present cannot come through. When you stop working and rest,you receive God's blessings by Grace.  Then all closed doors open effortlessly. 

Thank you, God, for giving me the Kingdom through our Lord, Jesus Christ.  ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels