All Realities Exist in the Present

"I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;" Deutoronomy 30: 19]

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve,...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24: 15

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3: 11

"The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17: 20-21

----

The Bible tells us God has put eternity in our hearts, therefore, all realities must exist in the present. We then have to choose which one to experience. 

Here's an example of how it works.

Early this morning, I received a phone call from my agency. The agent asked if I was available to work on a one to one basis with a pupil at a school I've been to before that  I wasn't too keen on returning to. I asked for more details about the kid I would be working with.

While we were chatting, I noticed another call was coming through from another agent from the same agency. I told the first agent, I needed to take the second call and promised to get back to her.

The second agent asked me if I was available to work on a one to one basis at this Church of England school I've worked at before. 

I thought it was interesting how I had experienced two opportunities at the same time - a Christian school and a secular school. I chose the Christian school and asked the agent to let her colleague know I wasn't available for the other school.

The teacher I worked with was actually a supply teacher from my agency and we worked really well together. The boy I worked with was very calm and lovely.

In the Religious Education class, the pupils were taught about when Jesus washed his disciples' feet and what that means for Christians. They were also taught anout the Holy Communion.  

Thank you, Father God, for the opportunity to work at a school that shares the love of your Son, Jesus Christ.  ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit