Seeing My Shine

"You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5: 14-16

----

When I mentioned to a colleague at school that I also work on TV and films, she said "No Wonder you look so sophisticated. You have a shine about you."

"My shine has nothing to do with working on set," I said. "God is the one who makes me shine."

As a believer, she got where I was coming from.

A while back, when I had a meeting at this government office, I noticed a security guard was shining. On the way out, I walked over to him and said, "Hello, man of God!"

"How do you know?" He said.

"Because you are shining."

He told me while he was standing on guard, he was busy meditating on the Scriptures which was making him shine. He told me I must be a woman of God to be able to "see" him.

Thank you, God, for shining Your Light in and through me.💛

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels