About Power

"God has spoken once, twice I have heard this: That power belongs to God." Psalm 62: 12

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law." Galatians 5: 22-23

----

During my bus journey, this man got on and sat beside me. His jacket stank of cigarette smoke. The smell was so pungent, I could feel a burning sensation in my throat.  I didn't want to sit beside him. I was hoping he wasn't travelling all the way to the last stop.

I  had a thought to bless him instead.

I asked God to bless him with love. I also blessed all the passengers with love.

He then took his jacket off, which took away the strong cigarette smell, though there was still a whiff of it on his clothes.

I then had another thought. Why am I giving cigarette all that power? It has no power over me. The moment I had the thought, some passengers in front got off and my friend beside me swapped seats for the duration of the journey.

All power comes from God, not people or things. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels