Walking in Faith

 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen... By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible." Hebrews 11: 1, 3

"So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God." Romans 8: 8

"But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you." Romans 8: 11

----

When I finished working at this school, I noticed I was getting a sore throat and feeling like I was getting a cold. I reminded myself that I am whole in Christ.

In the middle of the night, I woke up with the sore throat again and prayed. I then went back to sleep

When I woke up in the morning although I wasn't experiencing any more sore throat, I still didn't feel well. I texted my agency to tell them that I was taking the day off.

I then noticed my gum was swollen. I used to have pain around that tooth which I've prayed about and it's been healed.  I now noticed the gum around that tooth was swollen and sore.

I reminded myself that Jesus has already healed me of all diseases included what appears to be gum infection. By His stripes I am healed. (Isaiah 53: 5) I noticed every time I felt the area with my tongue, the worse it felt. The gum and teeth were now painful and that part of my face was also swollen.

I reminded myself that I have the Spirit which raised Jesus from the dead living inside of me and this Spirit is giving life to my mortal body. (Romans 8: 11)

I then had the thought to stop looking to what my physical senses were telling me. My teeth and gums are already healed and I receive it by faith.

I noticed the swelling was now going down. By this morning the swelling had gone down and my tooth was no longer hurting.

I believe when I focus on what my senses tell me, I get more of the same. However, when I have faith in the evidence that my senses cannot discern, the invisible reality will come through and become my physical experience.

God, I know that disease does not come from you. Thank you, Father God, for not only healing me, but using this opportunity to teach me how to walk in faith.

I live in Christ.
I am whole in Christ. Amen! ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels