The Calling

I woke up very early this morning as I was excited about my impending church confirmation. 

While I was lying in bed with my earplugs still on, I heard a voice calling, "Susan." 

Who could this be? Most people know I prefer to be called Sue. Only family members address me as Susan.

After I took the earplugs off, I heard the voice calling again, "Susan."

I was reminded of when God called Samuel as a6 prophet:

"And the Lord came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth." 1 Samuel 3: 10, KJV

So I said, "Speak Lord, your servant heareth."

I didn't hear anything further. I then got up and made something to eat and got ready .

Later, after I was confirmed in church, I was given a beautiful leather bound King James Version Bible as a gift. When I was formally accepted as a member of the Methodist Church, I was also given this book.

It wss only after the service that I looked at the book cover which is called: "Called By Name."

When I.openef the book, there was a quote from Isaiah 43:1 as follows:

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine."

Wow!

That was God calling my name this morning!

Thank you, Father God for calling me by nane. I am all ears and all yours forever. ❤️




Confirmation video that my friend made, but inspired by the Holy Spirit. ❤️ 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels