Influencers

There's a lot of talk these days about influencers on social media. I meet lots of influencers in the real world who have no idea they are influencers.

Here's one example.

This morning I fancied going for a long walk, but I didn't fancy going to a park in central London as they are usually cowded with tourists this time of the year.

I thought about walking along the canal to this park in East London, but I was put off the idea as I knew the canal would be very busy on Saturday with cyclists.

I then remembered to pray. I asked God to take me to a nice park I haven't been to before.

On the bus, I sat behind this family. From their conversation I deduced they were husband and wife with their two kids and the husband's mother and father.  The granddad pointed to a building, which he said used to be a cinema that showed Hindi films. It was now a church.

Apparently, they were on their way to a park called Finsbury Park. I didn't fancy going there as I've been there several times before. Just before the family got off, the younger man pointed to a place underneath this bridge and said it had a nice country walk. That piqued my interest. so I got off with them.

I went to check out the place the man had pointed out. According to the sign on the gate, it was a nature reserve, but it was only open Mondays to Fridays. I made a mental note to pay a visit sometime.

Now what?

I could either catch another bus or I could go for a walk at the park the family were going to. So what if I've been there before?  There are bound to be areas I haven't been to before.

That's exactly what happened. I ended up exploring areas of the park I  haven't been to and  even took photos.

I also took a photo of a poster for a festival which I believe my flatmate would be interested in.

While I was taking a photo of the poster, someone handed me a flyer for an organisation I wasn't interested in but I thanked her forbit. She was obviously another influencer. The flyer did come in handy later when I got on the next bus after my walk. I used it to fan myself when I was feeling hot. 😀

That family on the bus are influencers and didn't know it.

I believe the biggest Influencer on the planet is the Holy Spirit who is a Helper to all believers in Christ.

I believe it was the Holy Spirit who influenced me to sit behind the family on that bus. As there were lots of empty seats,  I could have sat elsewhere if I wanted peace and quiet.

It was also the Holy Spitit who got me to pay attention to the family's conversation.

I believe the Holy Spirit is constantly using His Power of Influence. We just have to pay attention.

Thank you, Holy Spirit, for taking me for a lovely walk. ❤️

Here are some photos I took at Finsbury Park.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels