God Perfects What Concerns Me

"The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands." Psslm 138: 8

----

A week ago, a friend popped in mind. As I wasn't working that day, I gave him a call to check up on him, but there was no response.

I then got on the bus. On the way, my friend called me back.  I told him I was about to drive through his neighbourhood. He said I could pop in and say hello.

At his place, we had our usual banter including football. I got him to explain how the offside rule in football works, again.  I still don't get it!

I had invited him to my church confirmation, but he told me he couldn't make it and wished me well.  He gave me a seashell, which looks like a cone of ice cream.

His girlfriend had booked tickets to see Nas, the American rapper, that same evening. He said he was looking forward to it as he's his favourite rapper. Before I left, we exchanged warm hugs and I wished him well.

The next day, on my way to work at this school, I noticed a car with the number plate "NAS." I took a photo of it and texted it to my friend.

Yesterday, my friend texted me to ask how my confirmation went. I called him to share the details. I asked him how the Nas concert went. He said they had a great time, but there was a huge drama after.

He said while his girlfriend was driving them back to her place, they got involved in a collision. Apparently, the police were chasing some guys in a stolen car.  The stolen car drove through a red traffic light and were about to hit the side of the car my friend was sitting in. He quickly alerted his girlfriend, closed his eyes and braced himself for impact. He said although they were hit, neither of them were hurt but they were in shock. (The car is now a write-offl). He said his girlfriend wanted to get out of the car, but he told her to stay in the car just in case.

The police did crash into the stolen car and arrested them. Later, the police checked my friend and his girlfriend to see if they were okay. The police told them the men had weapons in the stolen car. Just as well, my friends had stayed in the car.

I was so happy to hear they were both safe. I told my friend I believe God had protected him.

Thank you, God, for perfecting  that which concerns me including those who are in my circle of influence.❤️

Photos of the seashell that my friend gave me and the NAS number plate.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels