Touch Wood

"Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." Galatians 3: 13-14

“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom,and strength and honor and glory and blessing!” Revelation 5: 12

----

While I was chatting to my flatmate about how I was feeling well after receiving God's love, she said she hoped it continued and added "touch wood."

She stopped and said, "You don't believe in that, do you?"

I said no.

Later, I pondered over the words "touch wood," which people say when they don't want something bad to happen to them.

As a Christian, "touch wood" is a reminder to me of the cross, which was made of wood. At the cross, Jesus paid the price for the sins, including sickness, of all believers for all time.

I then texted my flatmate to share why I now believe in "touch wood."  She told me she found the ideas very interesting as she's never seen things that way before. She even thanked me.

Thank you, Jesus, for dying for me on the cross that was made of wood! ❤️

Picture courtesy of Google Images



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels