Gentleness

"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Proverbs 15: 1, NIV

----

Two days ago, while I was helping to set up some tables in the After School Club, I injured my thumb. I quickly prayed about it so I didn't feel any pain, but I could see the area was turning black. I was annoyed at myself for not being careful.

In the school playground, we teach kids to be gentle and kind to each other while they are playing. I need to take that on board and be kind and gentle to myself.

Thus morning, when I put my laptop on to watch God TV, there was a programme on for kids called "Cheeky Pandas" about gentleness with the verse from Proverbs.  I ended up watching it. I knew it was the Holy Spirit bringing that to my attention.

As you can see from the photo, my thumb is healed, but there is a scar there as a gentle reminder.

Holy Spirit, help me to be always gentle like Jesus in my thoughts, words and deeds to myself and others. ❤️



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels