Loving Your Pets

I was chatting to my neighbour today for the first time. He told me after living in Sydney, Australia for 18 years, he and his Australian partner returned to the UK late last year.

My neighbour has this cute Bloodhound dog, that has got such a loving temperament.  I  asked him how he got the dog to the UK. Did she have to get a passport?  Did she sit next to him on the plane?

He told me they travelled separately. Apparently,  animals are transported in a special live cargo plane and you have to pick them up at a special place near Heathrow airport.  It's the only place in the UK so if you live somewhere like Scotland,  you have to travel all the way down to London to collect your pet. He said his dog was really traumatised after the journey and he will never put her on a plane again.

I told him I have never thought about how animals are brought here.  He said owners should think twice befote they decide to emigrate with their pets as it can be traumatic for the poor animals.

My neighbour said it took his dog a month to get over the journey and to acclimatise to the British way of life.  The dog loves the British weather and the snow. She also likes our summer weather as it's not as stiffling hot as it is in Sydney.

You learn something new every day when you reach out with love. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels