Hide and Seek


"Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law." Psalm 119: 18

"seek, and you will find." Matthew 7: 7

----

This morning I decided to dye my hair.

When I went to look in the bedside cabinet where I had put the  box of hair dye, I couldn't find it.

I checked the other cabinet, but  it wasn't in there either.

Where could it be?

I started looking in all the drawers, in my wardrobe, in the bags, in the bathroom cabinet, and even in the kitchen cupboards (in case I had absent-mindedly placed the box in there).

By then, I was feeling really frustrated.

I know I bought a box recently.  God, please show me where I have "hidden" it.

When I saw my flatmate, I told her I had planned to dye ny hair, but I had "lost" it and I was feeling angry at  myself for playing hide and seek with me. She assured me it must be in my bedroom somewhere.  She said she was thinking of dyeing her hair as well. She then went to the shops.

I decided to take a break from seeking and went to do my laundry. I then had some food. While I was eating, I asked God to reveal where I had put the box. I also imagined myself saying to my flatmate, "I found it!"

After my meal, I went back in my bedroom and stood in front of the cabinet where I thought I had put the box of hair dye.

"I'm not going crazy. I know I bought one and put it in here. Reveal yourself to me now!"

I looked again and found this white plastic bag. When I looked inside, I found the box of hair dye.

It was then I realised the reason why I hadn't "seen" it earlier was because  I had been looking for a green plastic bag. The store where I buy the dye usually provides green plastic bags with their logo on it.  This time, they gave me a plain white plastic bag. No wonder I couldn't  "see" it!

When my flatmate returned from the shops, I said to her, "I found it!" and explained to her what had happened.

When I expect things to happen only in the way I am accustomed to, I am likely to miss out on other opportunities.

Thank you, God, for removing any filters I may have that are preventing me from seeing all the wonderful experiences you have in store for me.  Amen! ♥️

Photo of my newly dyed Red Copper hair.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels