God’s Love is Always with Me

(Previously posted on Facebook on 20.6.2018)

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust." Psalm 91: 1-2

-----

Two days ago, my housemate asked me if I was scared walking on my own at night. I said I wasn't because I walk with confidence that God/Love is always with me and keeping me safe. 

Today, while I was in this building, I pressed the button for the lifts. The first lift that opened was dark inside. I was a bit wary about going in. 

"Do you think it's working?" I asked this man beside me.

"Yes, it's working, but I'm puzzled why the lights are out," he said.

"Should we chance it?" I said.

"Yes, it's fine! Besides, I'm the lift engineer."

"That's alright then!" I chuckled. "If we get stuck, at least you know what you're doing."

We rode the lift in pitch darkness.  

When we arrived at the floor we both wanted, I said to the engineer, "that was really spooky! I couldn't even see your face."

"I've never been on a lift that was in complete darkness before," he said.

"Thank you for being here!" I said.

"You're very welcome!" 

Sometimes, life experiences can be rather like riding a lift in darkness. When I know God is always with me (just like that lift engineer), I know I am always loved and safe. 💗

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit