Receiving God’s Grace

 (Previously posted on 6.5.2022).

After I got on the bus, I heard the passenger behind me telling the driver that she couldn't find her card and asked if he could let her travel for free.

I told her I was willing to pay for her fare.

"You don't have to do that. If you give me your name and address, I could reimburse you."

The bus driver believed her and agreed for her to travel for free. She then called her partner who told her he had borrowed her card but had forgotten to return the card to her wallet. I was so relieved for her. She thanked me again for offering to help her.

Later, I thought how interesting it was that my friend had no issues travelling on the bus for free, but she wasn't comfortable  having someone pay her fare for her.

What was she going to do, write a cheque for £1.65?

If people can have difficulty accepting a free gift from someone they can see, they're not going to be open to receive Grace from a God they can't see.

Anyway, I'm glad everything worked out well! ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels