God the Author of My Life Story

 (Previously posted on Facebook on 30.5.2021)

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith." Hebrews 12: 1-2

------

In a TV episode of "Agatha Christie's Poirot" one of the characters, who was an author of detective stories, was complaining that his main  character in his novel was refusing to cooperate with his plot.

I have actually heard about that phenomenon where authors of fiction who have created strong lead characters, especially those who have appeared in several novels, find the characters controlling the plot's development. The author either has to let the characters take the lead or abandon that project and start a new novel with new characters.

I believe God is the Author of all his creations' life stories and He has written amazing books about each of us. All we need to do is let those plots and stories unfold. There are times when some characters go rogue and refuse to follow the plot that the Author has thought out for them. God, the Author, lets His characters write their own books and life stories. When the rogue characters' lives come to an end in the form of physical death, they realise the lives they have been living have been total fiction. 

I must confess, I was one of those characters that went rogue. 😊

I have finally accepted God as the Author of my life story, and let the book God has written for me be my guide.💜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels