Speaking to Strangers

""Am I a God who is only close at hand?” says the Lord.“No, I am far away at the same time. Can anyone hide from me in a secret place? Am I not everywhere in all the heavens and earth?” says the Lord." Jeremiah 23:23-24

----

At the Jazz Cafe gig, I said to my friend, who is in his early 60s, that I was surprised how many young people there were. He agreed with me.

I nudged this young man in front of us, who was with his friends.

"You're a bit young to be at this gig!" I said. "How come you know this band?"

"Thank you for saying so, I'm not that young."

He told me he was a saxophonist and he's known about the band for a while.

After we chatted to him and his friends for a few minutes, my friend teased me about chatting to strangers.

I reminded him how years ago while we were both walking down Oxford Street and we were trying to remember the name of a particular song, I stopped this random guy walking by and asked him; and he actually knew the name of the song. My friend said he remembered when I once stopped someone to tell them how much I loved their jacket.

I have no qualms about  speaking to "strangers." Most people are happy to chat to you.

I believe when I constantly acknowledge God's Love everywhere, "strangers" turn out to be very friendly. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels